Thank you for applying to become a foster parent for For Paws Sake Canine Rescue (FPS)! Our mission is to rescue, restore and re-home dogs in need, regardless of age or breed. FPS is reliant upon a fostering network to provide temporary homes for our canines. You do not need prior experience with dogs or fostering to become a foster parent, although experienced dog volunteers are welcome! We match one of our foster dogs with your level of experience and your home environment (e.g., other pets, children, work and travel schedules). In becoming a foster parent, you are agreeing to abide by our foster care and adoption policies and procedures.
Fostering responsibilities include:
• Providing a safe and loving temporary home
• Providing basic supplies such as food.
• Monitoring the dog’s health, seeking authorization from For Paws Sake (FPS) for follow-up medical care (at FPS’s expense) and taking the dog to authorized vet appointments (we can assist with transporting if needed)
• Monitoring the dog’s behavior and seeking advice from FPS when needed
• Following FPS’s recommendations on socializing and integrating the dog (or isolating the dog) within your household, as appropriate
• Abiding by FPS’s adoption policies and facilitating the dog’s adoption (e.g., making the dog available for in-home visits by prospective adopters)
You should expect to hear back within 24 hours. Thank you for applying to become a foster! We could not save the lives of these animals without the help of our generous foster families.
For Paws Sake Canine Rescue Board